Was going through some old digital photos (2002 :P) and came across one of a Qantas 767 with a white tail (instead of a red one). Did some reading up on it. They operated a couple of them after Ansett’s collapse in 2001.
One in particular was frame 27909/591, built in 1995.
Turns out this plane gets around a bit. Since 1995, it has been operated by:
- Lauda Air
- Vietnam Airlines (with Australian registration..)
- back to Lauda
- untitled with US reg
- Kenya Airways (again with Australian reg)
- back to untitled with US reg
- back to Vietnam Airlines (with Vietnam reg)
- Air China
- and now with Ethiopian Airlines
I think I’d be worried about hull thickness with the number of times this has been stripped and repainted :P